About Me

My photo
Let me start by saying "Maggie" is my pen name. This nickname was given to me by my Grandfather and is still used by my Father. I've used it to sign journal entries, poems and stories since I was a teenager. It is the name I use when speaking/writing/expressing my truest self. Or at least when I'm trying to access my most true self. I am continually discovering or re-discovering who my most true self is. Right now I would say that at my core, I am all love and hugs and compassion. I love working with people, listening to their stories and helping them find their truth, their voice and live into it.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Post #1

I just have to share this because this is the kind of thing that I will speak out against all the days of my life.  Even if you do not think Transgendered people are "real," this act is an outright denial of that person's humanity.  It makes me sick to my stomach to hear about this type of violence and it is most certainly against any/all Christian theology that I ascribe to.  Sign the petition and let your voice ring out!

http://www.change.org/petitions/demand-that-the-employees-on-duty-at-mcdonalds-be-held-responsible-in-the-beating-of-a-trans-woman 

No comments:

Post a Comment